Quantcast

problem in the installation of jmeter

med amine
i have met the problem jmeter: 90: java: not found
 when trying to install jmeter , although i have install the jre-6u26 ;
cd /var/www/html/jakarta-jmeter-2.4/bin
sh jmeter

Re: problem in the installation of jmeter

Felix Frank-2
On 07/04/2011 11:48 AM, med amine wrote:
> i have met the problem jmeter: 90: java: not found
>  when trying to install jmeter , although i have install the jre-6u26 ;
> cd /var/www/html/jakarta-jmeter-2.4/bin
> sh jmeter

Hi,

you may want (need?) to install the JDK instead.

Also, the java binary does not appear to be in your search path.
Try something along the lines of
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/jre-6u26/bin sh jmeter

Of course, insert the path you installed java to.

HTH,
Felix

Re: problem in the installation of jmeter

med amine
hi ,

can you help me with document that resume the total commands to install jmeter ?
thank you ,
med amine

Re: problem in the installation of jmeter

Bruce Ide
You should only need the JRE in your path. I'm not sure off the top of my
head if the jmeter startup script also needs JAVA_HOME set.

I see you're using a UNIX system. So make sure java is in your path by
typing the command "which java". If java is in your path, it'll tell you
where it is. If it says not found, set your path as Felix suggests. You'll
probably also want to set that up in your shell startup script so you don't
have to type it every time (Doing this is beyond the scope of this E-Mail.)

If it does say java is found somewhere, you could try setting JAVA_HOME to
the results of the command "dirname `which java`". I'm almost completely 99%
certain that if java is in your path, jmeter will figure it out without this
step being needed.

Bruce Ide

Re: problem in the installation of jmeter

Oliver Lloyd
Does 'almost completely 99% certain' = 98% certain?

Re: problem in the installation of jmeter

Oliver Lloyd
PS. Bruce is right, 100%. Just google: "JAVA [Your OS]".

Re: problem in the installation of jmeter

Bruce Ide
I am a scientist, sir! I can never be absolutely positive! ;-)

Bruce Ide

RE: problem in the installation of jmeter

Thom Hehl
Are you sure about that?