Quantcast

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Server chose SSLv3

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Server chose SSLv3

Guruprasad R
Hi,

I have set below 2 options in my jmeter properties file but i get the error.

https.default.protocol=SSLv3
https.socket.protocols=SSLv2Hello SSLv3 TLSv1

Yet i get the below exception with jmeter 2.13:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Server chose SSLv3, but that protocol
version is not enabled or not supported by the client.
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverHello(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.createLayeredSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java:494)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.updateSecureConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:232)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.layerProtocol(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:401)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.MeasuringConnectionManager$MeasuredConnection.layerProtocol(MeasuringConnectionManager.java:141)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.establishRoute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:840)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:647)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:479)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:906)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:805)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.executeRequest(HTTPHC4Impl.java:517)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:331)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:74)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1146)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1135)
at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:434)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:261)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Regards,
Guruprasad R

Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Server chose SSLv3

Guruprasad R
Please ignore my previous mail.. There was an issue with the server that was causing the bad response..

Sent from iPhone

> On ಜನ 3, 2017, at 10:50 ಪೂರ್ವಾಹ್ನ, Guruprasad R <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have set below 2 options in my jmeter properties file but i get the error.
>
> https.default.protocol=SSLv3
> https.socket.protocols=SSLv2Hello SSLv3 TLSv1
>
> Yet i get the below exception with jmeter 2.13:
>
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Server chose SSLv3, but that protocol version is not enabled or not supported by the client.
> at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverHello(Unknown Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.http.conn.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.createLayeredSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java:494)
> at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.updateSecureConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:232)
> at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.layerProtocol(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:401)
> at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.MeasuringConnectionManager$MeasuredConnection.layerProtocol(MeasuringConnectionManager.java:141)
> at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.establishRoute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:840)
> at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:647)
> at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:479)
> at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:906)
> at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:805)
> at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.executeRequest(HTTPHC4Impl.java:517)
> at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:331)
> at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:74)
> at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1146)
> at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1135)
> at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:434)
> at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:261)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Regards,
> Guruprasad R

Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Server chose SSLv3

Felix Schumacher
Am 03.01.2017 um 06:20 schrieb Guruprasad R:

> Hi,
>
> I have set below 2 options in my jmeter properties file but i get the error.
>
> https.default.protocol=SSLv3
> https.socket.protocols=SSLv2Hello SSLv3 TLSv1
>
> Yet i get the below exception with jmeter 2.13:
>
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Server chose SSLv3, but that protocol
> version is not enabled or not supported by the client.
Newer versions of java come with SSLv3 disabled by default. You might
have to enable it yourself (or even better, get the server to support
secure transport protocols :).

A quick google search revealed for example
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28236091/how-to-enable-ssl-3-in-java

Regards,
  Felix