how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

gs

how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

gs
Hi,

how do i need to confirm that my jmeter script has passed or got failed.
I am not using any listener at all(due to heavy load performance)
from where i came to know about the errors ??

Thanks
-Gp

RE: how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

suvendu
Are you running the jmeter in gui mode or non-gui mode??
In non-gui mode you can pass .jtl file as a command line argument.
Just try the same method when running in gui mode....I have never tried it...

With Regards,
Suvendu

Re: how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

Noel O'Brien
Have a look here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/best-practices.html

Look at section 16.6 Reducing resource requirements
in particular.

Namely, you need to start JMeter with the -l flag and also set it up to log results in CSV format. Additionally, only log the result data that you absolutely need.

Regards,
Noel

Noel
gs

RE: how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

gs
I am using GUi mode.
and with non gui mode you told to pass .jtl file on command line argument.
i dont uderstand about this. please let me understand to pass .jtl on cmmd line.
so that i can try to work on non gui.

suvendu wrote
Are you running the jmeter in gui mode or non-gui mode??
In non-gui mode you can pass .jtl file as a command line argument.
Just try the same method when running in gui mode....I have never tried it...

With Regards,
Suvendu

RE: how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

suvendu
jmeter -n -t my_test.jmx -l log.jtl -H my.proxy.server -P 8000
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html
follow the above link you got more ideas.

With Regards,
Suvendu

suvendu wrote:

> Are you running the jmeter in gui mode or non-gui mode??
> In non-gui mode you can pass .jtl file as a command line argument.
> Just try the same method when running in gui mode....I have never tried
> it...
>
> With Regards,
> Suvendu

DISCLAIMER:

Re: how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

Noel O'Brien
In linux I run non-gui mode like this:

/usr/bin/jmeter/bin/jmeter -n -t MyTest.jmx -l MyResults.jtl

If you're using windows, adjust appropriately

Regards,
Noel

suvendu wrote:

> Are you running the jmeter in gui mode or non-gui mode??
> In non-gui mode you can pass .jtl file as a command line argument.
> Just try the same method when running in gui mode....I have never tried
> it...
>
> With Regards,
> Suvendu

Noel

RE: how to confirm that my .jmx script is pass or failed?

Sirish_Chandra
You can use Save response to file which is a Post processor element in gui mode to see whether your desired response has come or not?

Regards
Sirish