global variable for all test plans (jmx)

global variable for all test plans (jmx)

Duc Chau
Hello,

I intend to use csv data set as global variable for all test plans (e.g.
same server ip in case it changes, we just need to update csv). Is there any
other ways to manage global variable across all test plans? Thank you.

Re: global variable for all test plans (jmx)

sebb-2-2
On 14 January 2011 00:10, Duc Chau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I intend to use csv data set as global variable for all test plans (e.g.
> same server ip in case it changes, we just need to update csv). Is there any
> other ways to manage global variable across all test plans? Thank you.

Properties might be more suitable for items that are fixed for an entire test.

I.e. use the property to set the value of a variable rather than
reading from a CSV file.

You can provide additional property files on the command line.

Re: global variable for all test plans (jmx)

Duc Chau
Thank Sebb,

For those who do not want to spend time for searching

1. Add to variable_name = value to jmeter, user or user-defined properties
file (remember to restart Jmeter to get it affected if using GUI)
2. Get value in config element, sampler, etc. by ${__P(variable_name)}

More details:
http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/JMeter-Experiences-mostly-around-properties-and-variables-td529043.html