Quantcast

getting apache thread count.. how?

William Ottley
I tried to look for a simple way to get the thread count on the webserver
side of things, and i'm not having any luck!
I got the apache mod_status working, but when i go to the page, it doesn't
really give me a count of the exact amount of threads its receiving..
it has other useful info like cpu, but not thread count.

what do the people here use for reporting/monitoring the apache info (on the
server side)

thanks!

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Deepak Shetty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Use a constant throughput timer.
> Use other timers for random delays.
>
> regards
> deepak
>
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:01 PM, nzindian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone have any ides on how I could construct a JMeter test plan for
> > the following scenario:
> >
> > 1) 300 Users Log-in - Store their cookies (as I need the JSESSIONID for
> > future requests)
> > 2) Randomly select a user from step 1) and perform an HTTP request so
> that
> > 50 HTTP requests are performed per minute. Each user should have its own
> > thread but make the request at random time intervals.
> >
> > Im not a complete newbie to JMeter I can do the basics but this scenario
> is
> > doing my head in.
> > I have a CSV set up with the user log-in and so far I can get a user to
> > log-in and store their sessionid etc - I can also simulate 50 users by
> > putting '50' in the 'Users' field for the thread configuration.
> > But I cant figure out how to randomly delay each of the 50 threads and
> > ensure 50 requests are made per minute.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> > --

Everything that has, did and will happen in your life, exists now, within
you (William Ottley)

Every universe is covered by seven layers — earth, water, fire, air, sky,
the total energy and false ego — each ten times greater than the previous
one. There are innumerable universes besides this one, and although they are
unlimitedly large, they move about like atoms in You. Therefore You are
called unlimited (Bhagavata Purana 6.16.37)

Re: getting apache thread count.. how?

shettyd
Per http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_status.html
The number of workers serving requests is what you need (This is the number
of currently active processes). Due to the pooled nature of most webservers
, you may not see a 1 to 1 correspondence  between your requests and workers

regards
deepak