Quantcast

Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

12

Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

rohit.soni
Hi Everyone,

Here are the steps we have followed to record a login page of our internal
website ".aspx"

Steps:

1)      First of all we are using IE 9 and we have changed the browser http
proxy settings as: Address: "localhost" and Port: "8080".

2)      Added Http proxy server under workbench (default settings).

3)      Started recording by pressing "Start" button at the bottom of "HTTP
Proxy Server"(step2).

4)      Opened the IE 9 and entered the URL to access internal website.

5)      Entered the login details and navigated to post login page.

6)      Stopped the recording.

Nothing happened, it do not recorded and displayed any step from step 4 to
6, Kindly guide me if something is missing or proper way to record this
login page via IE 9.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Soni

Sahara India

Mob: 8896122232

Email:  <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]

RE: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

Lakshmi Sujatha Chekuri -ERS, HCL Tech
Have you entered your URL  path in Http proxy server

RE: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

rohit.soni
Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please guide as where to insert URL path in HTTP Proxy Server as
there is no field which store the URL path.

Please find the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Rohit Soni

> Have you entered your URL  path in Http proxy server

Robin D. Wilson
You have to setup the proxy in your IE browser to point to your JMeter proxy server... It will be under the Internet Explorer Options menu, in the Connections tab, under the LAN Settings.

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 11, 2013, at 4:04 AM, "Rohit Soni" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Robin,

As per your suggestion, we have already applied the same sequence to map
the proxy. Please find the attachment.
Still we are unable to record the test.

Regards,
Rohit Soni

> You have to setup the proxy in your IE browser to point to your JMeter
> proxy server... It will be under the Internet Explorer Options menu, in
> the Connections tab, under the LAN Settings.
>
> --
> Robin D. Wilson
> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>

> On Mar 11, 2013, at 4:04 AM, "Rohit Soni" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>

> Here are the steps we have followed to record a login page of our internal
> website ".aspx"
>

> Steps:
>
> 1)      First of all we are using IE 9 and we have changed the browser
> http
> proxy settings as: Address: "localhost" and Port: "8080".
>
> 2)      Added Http proxy server under workbench (default settings).
>
> 3)      Started recording by pressing "Start" button at the bottom of
> "HTTP
> Proxy Server"(step2).
>
> 4)      Opened the IE 9 and entered the URL to access internal website.
>
> 5)      Entered the login details and navigated to post login page.
>
> 6)      Stopped the recording.
>

> Nothing happened, it do not recorded and displayed any step from step 4 to
> 6, Kindly guide me if something is missing or proper way to record this
> login page via IE 9.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rohit Soni
>
> Sahara India
>
> Mob: 8896122232
>
> Email:  <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]

Re: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

rohit.soni
While trying to record, getting this error

2013/03/12 12:33:56 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Creating
Daemon Socket on port: 8080
2013/03/12 12:33:56 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy up
and running!
2013/03/12 12:34:02 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy: Opened
Keystore file:
C:\Downloads\apache-jmeter-2.9\apache-jmeter-2.9\bin\proxyserver.jks
2013/03/12 12:34:02 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy: KeyStore for
SSL loaded OK and put host in map (addons.mozilla.org)
2013/03/12 12:34:03 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy: Problem with
SSL certificate? Ensure browser is set to accept the JMeter proxy cert:
Received fatal alert: unknown_ca javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
Received fatal alert: unknown_ca
        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.HttpRequestHdr.parse(HttpRequestHdr.java:110)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:197)

2013/03/12 12:35:17 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy
Server stopped

Regards,
Rohit Soni

> Hi Robin,
>
> As per your suggestion, we have already applied the same sequence to map
> the proxy. Please find the attachment.
> Still we are unable to record the test.
>
> Regards,
> Rohit Soni
>

>> You have to setup the proxy in your IE browser to point to your JMeter
>> proxy server... It will be under the Internet Explorer Options menu, in
>> the Connections tab, under the LAN Settings.
>>
>> --
>> Robin D. Wilson
>> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>>

>> On Mar 11, 2013, at 4:04 AM, "Rohit Soni" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>

>> Here are the steps we have followed to record a login page of our
>> internal
>> website ".aspx"
>>

>> Steps:
>>
>> 1)      First of all we are using IE 9 and we have changed the browser
>> http
>> proxy settings as: Address: "localhost" and Port: "8080".
>>
>> 2)      Added Http proxy server under workbench (default settings).
>>
>> 3)      Started recording by pressing "Start" button at the bottom of
>> "HTTP
>> Proxy Server"(step2).
>>
>> 4)      Opened the IE 9 and entered the URL to access internal website.
>>
>> 5)      Entered the login details and navigated to post login page.
>>
>> 6)      Stopped the recording.
>>

>> Nothing happened, it do not recorded and displayed any step from step 4
>> 6, Kindly guide me if something is missing or proper way to record this
>> login page via IE 9.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Rohit Soni
>>
>> Sahara India
>>
>> Mob: 8896122232
>>
>> Email:  <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> [hidden email]

Re: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

Robin D. Wilson
Is your site HTTPS (SSL)?

If so, you'll need to load the JMeter certificate into your browser's Trusted Root Certificates.

Why don't you start by verifying everything else? From the pictures you sent, it looks like everything is setup right. But I have have 2 things to check:

1) did you press the "Start" button on the JMeter Proxy page? (Seems obvious, I know, but better safe than sorry.)

2) do you have any other server processes running on that machine on port 8080? You can only have one process using port 8080. (If you already have a process that uses port 8080, just change your proxy to 8181 (or something that is not in use), in both the JMeter setup, and in your browser.)

If those things are OK, try recording something that is just HTTP. Try hitting www.google.com, see if that records. If that works, then you know that the problem is setting up HTTPS.

After you press "Start" on the JMeter proxy, try to hit a few pages on google, and then take a picture of the JMeter page again, and send that to me. It is usually subtle that it did anything...

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 12, 2013, at 1:42 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]

>> 2)      Added Http proxy server under workbench (default settings).
>>
>> 3)      Started recording by pressing "Start" button at the bottom of
>> "HTTP
>> Proxy Server"(step2).
>>
>> 4)      Opened the IE 9 and entered the URL to access internal website.
>>
>> 5)      Entered the login details and navigated to post login page.
>>
>> 6)      Stopped the recording.
>>

>> Nothing happened, it do not recorded and displayed any step from step 4
>> 6, Kindly guide me if something is missing or proper way to record this
>> login page via IE 9.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Rohit Soni
>>
>> Sahara India
>>
>> Mob: 8896122232
>>
>> Email:  <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> [hidden email]

Re: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

Lokesh K Sharma
Hi Everyone,

First of all thank you Robin for your help.

Friends with the help of robin's 2nd point the problem got resolved
partially, Yes here in our organization we have a proxy server on port 80 so
we decided to give a try by removing organizations internet connection and
used personal direct internet connection because that i guess do not have
any proxy settings.

After using personal direct internet connection we changed the browser
connection settings as "Auto-detect proxy settings for this network" and
saved the browser settings. Now when we provided server name
"jmeter.apache.org" in Http request defaults and clicked on "Start" button
of "HTTP Proxy Server" after entering all required fields. It provided us
the results in "View Result Tree" (with green color sign mean "success/pass"
i guess) and created a record in "Recording Controller".

But now when we tried the same way to record internal website of my
organization (which i have to test finally), but we were not able to do the
same because the site we tried to access is on intranet and we are using
direct internet connection.

As per discussion with a colleague we come to know as we have our own proxy
server on port 80 might be because of same we are unable to access our
internal sites by making "localhost" on port "8080" so we tried as per Robin
suggestion by making it "localhost" on port "8181" but it didn't work!

Now i guess the process we are following is correct but the problem is with
jmeter connectivity with browser setting and same time we need to keep in
mind that here we have our own proxy server on port 80. So friends please
suggest me how start working on Jmeter on a site which is on intranet and
when we already have a proxy server on port 80.

Waiting for your responses!!!!

Thanks and Best regards,

Lokesh Kumar Sharma

Sahara India

M: 8418828127

Email: [hidden email]

> [...]

>> 2)      Added Http proxy server under workbench (default settings).
>>
>> 3)      Started recording by pressing "Start" button at the bottom of
>> "HTTP
>> Proxy Server"(step2).
>>
>> 4)      Opened the IE 9 and entered the URL to access internal website.
>>
>> 5)      Entered the login details and navigated to post login page.
>>
>> 6)      Stopped the recording.
>>

>> Nothing happened, it do not recorded and displayed any step from step 4
>> 6, Kindly guide me if something is missing or proper way to record this
>> login page via IE 9.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Rohit Soni
>>
>> Sahara India
>>
>> Mob: 8896122232
>>
>> Email:  <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> [hidden email]

Re: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

There is no conflict between port 80 and port 8080, since they are different ports. Also, the conflict would only exist if the process listening to the port were on the same physical box as the JMeter proxy process. So it sounds like we have some other sort of problem here.

Can you give us some idea of all the physical boxes you have involved here? You have the following "processes" listed already, are they on the same box, or different boxes?

1) browser (used to make requests for URLs)
2) JMeter Proxy
3) Web server
4) Application server (PHP, Java, ASP, CGI, etc. based application system)
5) Database server

Also, can your browser communicate with the Web server (and Application server) without the JMeter setup? The idea of the JMeter Proxy is that the browser will "pass through" the Proxy on the way to the Web/Application server.

More details about your complete setup will probably help us help you... Even the URL you are trying to hit will possibly give us a clue as to the problem...

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 13, 2013, at 4:55 AM, "Lokesh K Sharma" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

But now when we tried the same way to record internal website of my organization (which i have to test finally), but we were not able to do the same because the site we tried to access is on intranet and we are using direct internet connection.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robin D. Wilson" <[hidden email]>
> [...]

>> 3)      Started recording by pressing "Start" button at the bottom of
>> "HTTP
>> Proxy Server"(step2).
>>
>> 4)      Opened the IE 9 and entered the URL to access internal website.
>>
>> 5)      Entered the login details and navigated to post login page.
>>
>> 6)      Stopped the recording.
>>

>> Nothing happened, it do not recorded and displayed any step from step 4
>> 6, Kindly guide me if something is missing or proper way to record this
>> login page via IE 9.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Rohit Soni
>>
>> Sahara India
>>
>> Mob: 8896122232
>>
>> Email:  <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> [hidden email]

RE: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

rohit.soni
1- Browser (used to make requests for URLs)
We are using IE 9 and Mozilla 5.0

2-  JMeter Proxy

We are having HTTP Proxy Server  Global Settings  8080

3- Web Server:- IIS 6

4- App Server:-  ASP using .NET framework

5- Database Server:- Oracle 11g

Attached is the architecture for accessing the app through servers.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Soni

 at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)  at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)  at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source)  at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)  at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)  at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(Unknown Source)  at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source)  at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)  at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)  at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.HttpRequestHdr.parse(HttpRequestHdr.java:110)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:197)

2013/03/12 12:35:17 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy Server stopped

Regards,
Rohit Soni

> Hi Robin,
>
> As per your suggestion, we have already applied the same sequence to
> map the proxy. Please find the attachment.
> Still we are unable to record the test.
>
> Regards,
> Rohit Soni
>

>> You have to setup the proxy in your IE browser to point to your
>> JMeter proxy server... It will be under the Internet Explorer Options
>> menu, in the Connections tab, under the LAN Settings.
>>
>> --
>> Robin D. Wilson
>> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>>

>> On Mar 11, 2013, at 4:04 AM, "Rohit Soni"
>> <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>

>> Here are the steps we have followed to record a login page of our
>> internal website ".aspx"
>>

>> Steps:
>>
>> 1)      First of all we are using IE 9 and we have changed the browser
>> http
>> proxy settings as: Address: "localhost" and Port: "8080".
>>
>> 2)      Added Http proxy server under workbench (default settings).
>>
>> 3)      Started recording by pressing "Start" button at the bottom of
>> "HTTP
>> Proxy Server"(step2).
>>
>> 4)      Opened the IE 9 and entered the URL to access internal website.
>>
>> 5)      Entered the login details and navigated to post login page.
>>
>> 6)      Stopped the recording.
>>

>> Nothing happened, it do not recorded and displayed any step from step
>> 4 to 6, Kindly guide me if something is missing or proper way to
>> record this login page via IE 9.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Rohit Soni
>>
>> Sahara India
>>
>> Mob: 8896122232
>>
>> Email:  <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> [hidden email]

Re: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

Robin D. Wilson
Based on your diagram, I can't tell if you are running JMeter on the same machine as the browser (end user). Can you please clarify if this is the case?

Browser and JMeter on the same machine
IIS and ASP (.NET) together on separate machine from browser
Oracle on third machine

You need to verify that our browser can make requests to your IIS without the proxy enabled.

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 14, 2013, at 1:31 AM, "Rohit Soni" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> 2)      Added Http proxy server under workbench (default settings).
>>
>> 3)      Started recording by pressing "Start" button at the bottom of
>> "HTTP
>> Proxy Server"(step2).
>>
>> 4)      Opened the IE 9 and entered the URL to access internal website.
>>
>> 5)      Entered the login details and navigated to post login page.
>>
>> 6)      Stopped the recording.
>>

>> Nothing happened, it do not recorded and displayed any step from step
>> 4 to 6, Kindly guide me if something is missing or proper way to
>> record this login page via IE 9.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Rohit Soni
>>
>> Sahara India
>>
>> Mob: 8896122232
>>
>> Email:  <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> [hidden email]

Re: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

Yes Robin, the case is actually as mentioned by you

Browser and JMeter on the same machine
IIS and ASP (.NET) together on separate machine from browser
Oracle on third machine

Regards,
Rohit Soni

> Based on your diagram, I can't tell if you are running JMeter on the same
> machine as the browser (end user). Can you please clarify if this is the
> case?
>
> Browser and JMeter on the same machine
> IIS and ASP (.NET) together on separate machine from browser
> Oracle on third machine
>
> You need to verify that our browser can make requests to your IIS without
> the proxy enabled.
>

> --
> Robin D. Wilson
> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>

> On Mar 14, 2013, at 1:31 AM, "Rohit Soni" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> 1- Browser (used to make requests for URLs)
> We are using IE 9 and Mozilla 5.0
>
> 2-  JMeter Proxy
>
> We are having HTTP Proxy Server  Global Settings  8080
>
> 3- Web Server:- IIS 6
>
> 4- App Server:-  ASP using .NET framework
>
> 5- Database Server:- Oracle 11g
>
> Attached is the architecture for accessing the app through servers.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rohit Soni

So can you verify for me that the browser can make requests to the IIS server?

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 14, 2013, at 11:13 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Yes Robin, the case is actually as mentioned by you

Browser and JMeter on the same machine
IIS and ASP (.NET) together on separate machine from browser
Oracle on third machine

Regards,
Rohit Soni

> Based on your diagram, I can't tell if you are running JMeter on the same
> machine as the browser (end user). Can you please clarify if this is the
> case?
>
> Browser and JMeter on the same machine
> IIS and ASP (.NET) together on separate machine from browser
> Oracle on third machine
>
> You need to verify that our browser can make requests to your IIS without
> the proxy enabled.
>

> --
> Robin D. Wilson
> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>

> On Mar 14, 2013, at 1:31 AM, "Rohit Soni" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> 1- Browser (used to make requests for URLs)
> We are using IE 9 and Mozilla 5.0
>
> 2-  JMeter Proxy
>
> We are having HTTP Proxy Server  Global Settings  8080
>
> 3- Web Server:- IIS 6
>
> 4- App Server:-  ASP using .NET framework
>
> 5- Database Server:- Oracle 11g
>
> Attached is the architecture for accessing the app through servers.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rohit Soni

I have re-verified that the browser is making the request to IIS server with both the ports 80 & 8080.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Soni

So can you verify for me that the browser can make requests to the IIS server?

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 14, 2013, at 11:13 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Yes Robin, the case is actually as mentioned by you

Browser and JMeter on the same machine
IIS and ASP (.NET) together on separate machine from browser Oracle on third machine

Regards,
Rohit Soni

> Based on your diagram, I can't tell if you are running JMeter on the
> same machine as the browser (end user). Can you please clarify if this
> is the case?
>
> Browser and JMeter on the same machine IIS and ASP (.NET) together on
> separate machine from browser Oracle on third machine
>
> You need to verify that our browser can make requests to your IIS
> without the proxy enabled.
>

> --
> Robin D. Wilson
> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>

> On Mar 14, 2013, at 1:31 AM, "Rohit Soni"
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> 1- Browser (used to make requests for URLs) We are using IE 9 and
> Mozilla 5.0
>
> 2-  JMeter Proxy
>
> We are having HTTP Proxy Server ? Global Settings ? 8080
>
> 3- Web Server:- IIS 6
>
> 4- App Server:-  ASP using .NET framework
>
> 5- Database Server:- Oracle 11g
>
> Attached is the architecture for accessing the app through servers.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rohit Soni

I have a feeling we are not communicating clearly... Does your system work from the browser to the IIS server when the JMeter proxy is not used?

If it does, please setup the JMeter proxy, start it, and send pictures of the JMeter setup (while it is running) and the browser's proxy configuration, and what you see on the browser when you make a request to the IIS server with the proxy enabled... Also, send you JMeter log file...

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 16, 2013, at 12:49 AM, "Rohit Soni" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Robin,

I have re-verified that the browser is making the request to IIS server with both the ports 80 & 8080.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Soni

So can you verify for me that the browser can make requests to the IIS server?

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 14, 2013, at 11:13 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Yes Robin, the case is actually as mentioned by you

Browser and JMeter on the same machine
IIS and ASP (.NET) together on separate machine from browser Oracle on third machine

Regards,
Rohit Soni

> Based on your diagram, I can't tell if you are running JMeter on the
> same machine as the browser (end user). Can you please clarify if this
> is the case?
>
> Browser and JMeter on the same machine IIS and ASP (.NET) together on
> separate machine from browser Oracle on third machine
>
> You need to verify that our browser can make requests to your IIS
> without the proxy enabled.
>

> --
> Robin D. Wilson
> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>

> On Mar 14, 2013, at 1:31 AM, "Rohit Soni"
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> 1- Browser (used to make requests for URLs) We are using IE 9 and
> Mozilla 5.0
>
> 2-  JMeter Proxy
>
> We are having HTTP Proxy Server ? Global Settings ? 8080
>
> 3- Web Server:- IIS 6
>
> 4- App Server:-  ASP using .NET framework
>
> 5- Database Server:- Oracle 11g
>
> Attached is the architecture for accessing the app through servers.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rohit Soni

Sometimes I am getting attached error.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Soni

Re: Unable to record using HTTP Proxy Server

Robin D. Wilson
I would suggest a simpler setup to get started...

1) on your proxy configuration (on IE) uncheck the Bypass proxy for local... Basically use the JMeter proxy for ALL requests. Keep in mind, if your JBoss server is on your local network, checking the "Bypass proxy for local..." setting will not use the proxy for local IP addresses - so it would never record on your proxy...

2) on JMeter, start JMeter, and only add the Proxy (nothing else). Do not make any other config changes. Click Start (at the bottom of the proxy config page).

3) on IE hit your page (from your JBoss server).

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 19, 2013, at 12:45 AM, "Rohit Soni" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Robin,

To ease, I have deployed a dummy project on my machine using JBoss. Project
contains 4 html pages with links.
Attached are the steps that I have performed for recording through JMeter.
Hope now it becomes easier for you to understand as what I am doing for
recording.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Soni

So can you verify for me that the browser can make requests to the IIS
server?

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

On Mar 14, 2013, at 11:13 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Yes Robin, the case is actually as mentioned by you

Browser and JMeter on the same machine
IIS and ASP (.NET) together on separate machine from browser Oracle on third
machine

Regards,
Rohit Soni

> Based on your diagram, I can't tell if you are running JMeter on the
> same machine as the browser (end user). Can you please clarify if this
> is the case?
>
> Browser and JMeter on the same machine IIS and ASP (.NET) together on
> separate machine from browser Oracle on third machine
>
> You need to verify that our browser can make requests to your IIS
> without the proxy enabled.
>

> --
> Robin D. Wilson
> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>

> On Mar 14, 2013, at 1:31 AM, "Rohit Soni"
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> 1- Browser (used to make requests for URLs) We are using IE 9 and
> Mozilla 5.0
>
> 2-  JMeter Proxy
>
> We are having HTTP Proxy Server ? Global Settings ? 8080
>
> 3- Web Server:- IIS 6
>
> 4- App Server:-  ASP using .NET framework
>
> 5- Database Server:- Oracle 11g
>
> Attached is the architecture for accessing the app through servers.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rohit Soni

I have tried to run the jmeter by exactly mapping your steps suggested.
Someything have been recorded but getting the error as

"...
java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.getConnectionHeaders(HTTPHC4Impl.java:706)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:363)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:62)
at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1088)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:211)

..."

Thanks,
Rohit Soni

> I would suggest a simpler setup to get started...
>
> 1) on your proxy configuration (on IE) uncheck the Bypass proxy for
> local... Basically use the JMeter proxy for ALL requests. Keep in mind, if
> your JBoss server is on your local network, checking the "Bypass proxy for
> local..." setting will not use the proxy for local IP addresses - so it
> would never record on your proxy...
>
> 2) on JMeter, start JMeter, and only add the Proxy (nothing else). Do not
> make any other config changes. Click Start (at the bottom of the proxy
> config page).
>
> 3) on IE hit your page (from your JBoss server).
>

> --
> Robin D. Wilson
> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>

> On Mar 19, 2013, at 12:45 AM, "Rohit Soni" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> Hi Robin,
>
> To ease, I have deployed a dummy project on my machine using JBoss.
> Project
> contains 4 html pages with links.
> Attached are the steps that I have performed for recording through JMeter.
> Hope now it becomes easier for you to understand as what I am doing for
> recording.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rohit Soni

We are now able to record the tests as the steps suggested by you with
some additions.
Earlier I was accessing the application either through IP or localhost
(deployed on my machine) and now I have tried by server name or machine
name and it is working now.
But solution is, we should know the server name for recording the
application deployed on it through JMeter.

Thanks,
Rohit Soni

> Hi Robin,
>
> I have tried to run the jmeter by exactly mapping your steps suggested.
> Someything have been recorded but getting the error as
>
> "...
> java.lang.NullPointerException at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.getConnectionHeaders(HTTPHC4Impl.java:706)
> at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:363)
> at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:62)
> at
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1088)
> at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:211)
>
> ..."
>
> Thanks,
> Rohit Soni
>

>> I would suggest a simpler setup to get started...
>>
>> 1) on your proxy configuration (on IE) uncheck the Bypass proxy for
>> local... Basically use the JMeter proxy for ALL requests. Keep in mind,
>> if
>> your JBoss server is on your local network, checking the "Bypass proxy
>> for
>> local..." setting will not use the proxy for local IP addresses - so it
>> would never record on your proxy...
>>
>> 2) on JMeter, start JMeter, and only add the Proxy (nothing else). Do
>> not
>> make any other config changes. Click Start (at the bottom of the proxy
>> config page).
>>
>> 3) on IE hit your page (from your JBoss server).
>>

>> --
>> Robin D. Wilson
>> VOICE: 512-777-1861
>>

>> On Mar 19, 2013, at 12:45 AM, "Rohit Soni"
>> <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Robin,
>>
>> To ease, I have deployed a dummy project on my machine using JBoss.
>> Project
>> contains 4 html pages with links.
>> Attached are the steps that I have performed for recording through
>> JMeter.
>> Hope now it becomes easier for you to understand as what I am doing for
>> recording.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Rohit Soni

That's great, you should probably file a bug on the error, make sure you spell out the details of how to recreate it (e.g. Make requests by IP address instead of hostname).

--
Robin D. Wilson
VOICE: 512-777-1861

12