Quantcast

Trying to setup test plan for Oracle Database

Trying to setup test plan for Oracle Database

o haya
Hi,

I'm just starting to try to setup a test plan for testing Oracle Database using Jmeter 3.1.  The Jmeter is running on Windows.

I have setup the test plan with:

Thread Group
    - JDBC Connection Configuration
    - JDBC Request
    - View results in tree

I have added ojdbc.jar to the Jmeter's 'lib' directory

For the JDBC Connection Configuration, I have:
Variable Name: mydb

Validation Query: select * from dual;

Database URL: jdbc.oracle:thing:@//myhostname:myhostport/mysid
Username: <db username>
Password: <db password>

For the JDBC Request I have is:
Vraiable name: mydb
Query Type: Select
Query has: select * from departments;

Handle Result Set:  Store as string (this is grayed out)

When I run the test plan I am getting:

Sampler result:
Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1
Sample Start: 2016-12-06 15:18:03 EST
Load time: 33
Connect Time: 33
Latency: 0
Size in bytes: 84
Sent bytes:0
Headers size in bytes: 0
Body size in bytes: 84
Sample Count: 1
Error Count: 1
Data type ("text"|"bin"|""): text
Response code: null 0
Response message: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
)

Response headers:

SampleResult fields:
ContentType: text/plain
DataEncoding: UTF-8

Request: [Select Statement] select * from departments;

Response: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
)

I have tried a bunch of things, but cannot eliminate this error.  Can anyone tell me why this error is occurring?

Thanks!

Jim

Re: Trying to setup test plan for Oracle Database

Felix Schumacher
Am 06.12.2016 um 21:21 schrieb o haya:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting to try to setup a test plan for testing Oracle Database using Jmeter 3.1.  The Jmeter is running on Windows.
>
> I have setup the test plan with:
>
> Thread Group
>      - JDBC Connection Configuration
>      - JDBC Request
>      - View results in tree
>
> I have added ojdbc.jar to the Jmeter's 'lib' directory
>
> For the JDBC Connection Configuration, I have:
> Variable Name: mydb
>
> Validation Query: select * from dual;
With 3.1 you can leave the validation query empty and the pool will try
to use the jdbc method isValid to validate the connection. If you want
to specify a validation query by hand, the usual query for oracle is
"select 1 from dual".

> Database URL: jdbc.oracle:thing:@//myhostname:myhostport/mysid
The . between jdbc and oracle looks like a typo, I think there should be
a colon and the "thing" is probably a typo and should be "thin", right?

> Username: <db username>
> Password: <db password>
>

> For the JDBC Request I have is:
> Vraiable name: mydb
> Query Type: Select
> Query has: select * from departments;
>
> Handle Result Set:  Store as string (this is grayed out)
>

> When I run the test plan I am getting:
>
> Sampler result:
> Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1
> Sample Start: 2016-12-06 15:18:03 EST
> Load time: 33
> Connect Time: 33
> Latency: 0
> Size in bytes: 84
> Sent bytes:0
> Headers size in bytes: 0
> Body size in bytes: 84
> Sample Count: 1
> Error Count: 1
> Data type ("text"|"bin"|""): text
> Response code: null 0
> Response message: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
> )
>
> Response headers:
>
> SampleResult fields:
> ContentType: text/plain
> DataEncoding: UTF-8
>

> Request: [Select Statement] select * from departments;
>

> Response: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
> )
>

> I have tried a bunch of things, but cannot eliminate this error.  Can anyone tell me why this error is occurring?
Have you tried to remove the semicolons at the end of your statements?

Felix

> Thanks!
>
> Jim

Re: Trying to setup test plan for Oracle Database

o haya

Validation Query:

Hmm.  I got a different error if I leave this out, and yes, that was a typo on my part.  I already had it as:

select 1 from dual;

About the URL, yes, again, my typing error here, it was already a ":"

So still getting the same error, but don't know why.  I remember doing this (Jmeter+Oracle ) a long long time ago, and don't remember it being this difficult, plus I am following most of my old notes.

Thanks,
Jim

 Subject: Re: Trying to setup test plan for Oracle Database
 To: [hidden email]
 Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 3:27 PM

 Am 06.12.2016 um 21:21
 schrieb o haya:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm just starting
 to try to setup a test plan for testing Oracle Database
 using Jmeter 3.1.  The Jmeter is running on Windows.

 > I have setup the test
 plan with:

 > Thread
 Group
 >      - JDBC Connection
 Configuration
 >      - JDBC Request
 >      - View results in tree
 >
 > I have added
 ojdbc.jar to the Jmeter's 'lib' directory

 > For the JDBC
 Connection Configuration, I have:

 Variable Name: mydb

 > Validation Query: select * from dual;
 With 3.1 you can leave the validation query
 empty and the pool will try
 to use the jdbc
 method isValid to validate the connection. If you want
 to specify a validation query by hand, the
 usual query for oracle is
 "select 1
 from dual".

 Database URL:
 jdbc.oracle:thing:@//myhostname:myhostport/mysid
 The . between jdbc and oracle looks like a
 typo, I think there should be
 a colon and
 the "thing" is probably a typo and should be
 "thin", right?
 > Username:
 <db username>
 > Password: <db
 password>

 > For the JDBC Request
 I have is:
 > Vraiable name: mydb
 > Query Type: Select

 Query has: select * from departments;

 > Handle Result Set:
 Store as string (this is grayed out)

 When I run the test plan I am getting:

 > Sampler result:
 > Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1
 > Sample Start: 2016-12-06 15:18:03 EST
 > Load time: 33
 > Connect
 Time: 33
 > Latency: 0
 > Size in bytes: 84

 Sent bytes:0
 0
 > Body size in bytes: 84
 > Sample Count: 1
 > Error
 Count: 1
 > Data type
 ("text"|"bin"|""): text
 > Response code: null 0

 Response message: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create
 PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00933: SQL command not
 properly ended
 > )
 >
 > Response headers:
 >
 > SampleResult
 fields:

Am 06.12.2016 um 21:34 schrieb o haya:
> Hi,
>
> Validation Query:
>
> Hmm.  I got a different error if I leave this out, and yes, that was a typo on my part.  I already had it as:
>
> select 1 from dual;
Can you post the error you get? (The isValid method is relatively new,
so you should use a recent oracle jdbc driver. I think that should be
ojdbc6.jar)

> About the URL, yes, again, my typing error here, it was already a ":"
>

> So still getting the same error, but don't know why.  I remember doing this (Jmeter+Oracle ) a long long time ago, and don't remember it being this difficult, plus I am following most of my old notes.
Have you removed the semicolons?

Do you have any error/warning logs in jmeter.log?

Felix

> [...]
>   I have is:
>   > Vraiable name: mydb
>   > Query Type: Select
>   >
>   Query has: select * from departments;
>   >
>   > Handle Result Set:
>   Store as string (this is grayed out)
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   When I run the test plan I am getting:
>   >
>   > Sampler result:
>   > Thread Name: Thread Group 1-1
>   > Sample Start: 2016-12-06 15:18:03 EST
>   > Load time: 33
>   > Connect
>   Time: 33
>   > Latency: 0
>   > Size in bytes: 84
>   >
>   Sent bytes:0
>   > Headers size in bytes:
>   0
>   > Body size in bytes: 84
>   > Sample Count: 1
>   > Error
>   Count: 1
>   > Data type
>   ("text"|"bin"|""): text
>   > Response code: null 0
>   >
>   Response message: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create
>   PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-00933: SQL command not
>   properly ended
>   > )
>   >
>   > Response headers:
>   >
>   > SampleResult
>   fields:
>   > ContentType: text/plain
>   > DataEncoding: UTF-8
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > Request: [Select
>   Statement] select * from departments;
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   Response: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
>   (ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
>   > )
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > I have tried a bunch
>   of things, but cannot eliminate this error.  Can anyone
>   tell me why this error is occurring?
>   Have
>   you tried to remove the semicolons at the end of your
>   statements?
>
>   Felix
>   >
>   > Thanks!
>   >
>   > Jim
>   >
>   >

Re: Trying to setup test plan for Oracle Database

Thanks for your help.  Got it working.

To repeat, if I leave out the Validation query, I get an error (that was just to kind of make it clear).

For Validation query, I have to have:

select 1 from dual   --> with NO ending semi-colon

For the JDBC query, I have to have:

select * from departments   --> with NO ending semi-colon

Now it works.  Picky, picky :)!!

Now I have to setup some loops or something with different users.

 To: [hidden email]
 Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 3:37 PM

 wrote:

 >   Subject: Re: Trying to setup
 test plan for Oracle Database
 >   To: [hidden email]
 >   Date: Tuesday, December 6,
 2016, 3:27 PM

 >   Am 06.12.2016 um 21:21
 >   schrieb o haya:
 >   > Hi,
 >   >
 >   > I'm just starting
 >   to try to setup a test plan
 for testing Oracle Database
 >   using Jmeter 3.1.  The
 Jmeter is running on Windows.
 >   >
 >   > I have setup the test
 >   plan with:
 >   >
 >   > Thread
 >   Group
 >   >      - JDBC
 Connection
 >   Configuration
 >   >      - JDBC
 Request
 >   >      -
 View results in tree
 >   >
 >   > I have added
 >   ojdbc.jar to the Jmeter's
 'lib' directory
 >   >
 >   > For the JDBC
 >   Connection Configuration, I
 have:
 >   >
 >   Variable Name: mydb
 >   >
 >   > Validation Query: select
 * from dual;
 >   With 3.1 you
 can leave the validation query
 >   empty and the pool will
 try
 >   to use the jdbc
 >   method isValid to validate
 the connection. If you want
 >   to specify a validation query
 by hand, the
 >   usual query
 for oracle is
 1
 >   from dual".
 >   >
 >   >
 >   Database URL:
 >   jdbc.oracle:thing:@//myhostname:myhostport/mysid
 >   The . between jdbc and oracle
 looks like a
 >   typo, I think
 there should be
 >   a colon
 and
 >   the "thing"
 is probably a typo and should be
 >   "thin", right?
 >   > Username:
 >   <db username>
 >   > Password: <db
 >   password>
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   > For the JDBC Request
 >   I have is:
 >   > Vraiable name: mydb
 >   > Query Type: Select
 >   >
 >   Query has: select * from
 departments;
 >   >
 >   > Handle Result Set:
 >   Store as string (this is
 grayed out)
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   When I run the test plan I am
 getting:
 >   >
 >   > Sampler result:
 >   > Thread Name: Thread
 Group 1-1
 >   > Sample
 Start: 2016-12-06 15:18:03 EST
 >   > Load time: 33
 >   > Connect
 >   Time: 33
 >   > Latency: 0
 >   > Size in bytes: 84
 >   >
 >   Sent bytes:0
 >   > Headers size in
 bytes:
 >   0
 >   > Body size in bytes:
 84
 >   > Sample Count: 1
 >   > Error
 >   Count: 1
 >   > Data type
 >   ("text"|"bin"|""):
 text
 >   > Response code:
 null 0
 >   >
 >   Response message:
 java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create
 >   PoolableConnectionFactory
 (ORA-00933: SQL command not
 >   properly ended
 >   > )
 >   >
 >   > Response headers:
 >   >
 >   > SampleResult
 >   fields:
 >   > ContentType:
 text/plain
 >   >
 DataEncoding: UTF-8
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   > Request: [Select
 >   Statement] select * from
 departments;
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   Response: Cannot create
 PoolableConnectionFactory
 >   (ORA-00933: SQL command not
 properly ended
 >   > )
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   > I have tried a bunch
 >   of things, but cannot
 eliminate this error.  Can anyone
 >   tell me why this error is
 occurring?
 >   Have
 >   you tried to remove the
 semicolons at the end of your
 >   statements?
 >
 >   Felix
 >   >
 >   > Thanks!
 >   >
 >   > Jim
 >   >
 >   >
 >   > For additional commands,
 e-mail: [hidden email]
 >   >

 >   For additional commands,
 e-mail: [hidden email]

Am 06.12.2016 um 21:42 schrieb o haya:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your help.  Got it working.
>
> To repeat, if I leave out the Validation query, I get an error (that was just to kind of make it clear).
Can you tell us, what version of ojdbc you are using? Or even better,
try with a recent one, see if it works and report back?

Felix

 Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 3:47 PM

 Am 06.12.2016 um 21:42
 schrieb o haya:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Thanks for your
 help.  Got it working.

 > To repeat, if I leave out the Validation
 query, I get an error (that was just to kind of make it
 clear).
 Can you tell us, what version of
 ojdbc you are using? Or even better,
 try
 with a recent one, see if it works and report back?

 Felix

 > For Validation query, I have to have:
 >
 > select 1 from
 dual   --> with NO ending semi-colon

 > For the JDBC query, I
 have to have:

 select * from departments   --> with NO ending
 semi-colon

 > Now it works.
 Picky, picky :)!!

 wrote:

 >   Subject: Re: Trying to setup
 test plan for Oracle Database
 >   To: [hidden email]
 >   Date: Tuesday, December 6,
 2016, 3:37 PM

 >   Am 06.12.2016 um 21:34
 >   schrieb o haya:
 >   > Hi,
 >   >
 >   > Validation Query:
 >   >
 >   > Hmm.  I got a
 >   different error if I leave
 this out, and yes, that was a
 >   typo on my part.  I already
 had it as:
 >   >
 >   > select 1 from
 >   dual;
 >   Can you post the error you
 get? (The
 >   isValid method
 is relatively new,
 >   so
 you
 >   should use a recent
 oracle jdbc driver. I think that should
 >   be
 >   ojdbc6.jar)
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   About the URL, yes, again, my
 typing error here, it was
 >   already a ":"
 >   >
 >   >
 >   > So still getting the
 >   same error, but don't
 know why.  I remember doing this
 >   (Jmeter+Oracle ) a long long
 time ago, and don't
 >   remember it being this
 difficult, plus I am following most
 >   of my old notes.
 >   Have you removed the
 >   semicolons?
 >
 >   Do you have any
 >   error/warning logs in
 jmeter.log?

 >   Felix
 >   >
 >   >
 >   Thanks,
 >   > Jim
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   --------------------------------------------
 >   > On Tue, 12/6/16, Felix
 Schumacher <[hidden email]>
 >   wrote:
 >   >
 >   >   Subject:
 Re: Trying to setup
 >   test
 plan for Oracle Database
 >   >   To: [hidden email]
 >   >   Date:
 Tuesday, December 6,
 >   2016,
 3:27 PM
 >   >
 >   >   Am
 06.12.2016 um 21:21
 >   >   schrieb o
 haya:
 >   >   > Hi,
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 I'm just starting
 >   >   to try to
 setup a test plan
 >   for
 testing Oracle Database
 >   >   using
 Jmeter 3.1.  The
 >   Jmeter
 is running on Windows.
 >   >   >
 >   >   > I have
 setup the test
 >   >   plan
 with:
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 Thread
 >   >   Group
 >   >   >
   - JDBC
 >   Connection
 >   >   Configuration
 >   >   >
   - JDBC
   -
 >   View results in
 tree
 >   >   >
 >   >   > I have
 added
 >   >   ojdbc.jar
 to the Jmeter's
 >   'lib' directory
 >   >   >
 >   >   > For
 the JDBC
 >   >   Connection
 Configuration, I
 >   have:
 >   >   >
 >   >   Variable
 Name: mydb
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 Validation Query: select
 >   *
 from dual;
 >   >   With 3.1
 you
 >   can leave the
 validation query
 >   >   empty and
 the pool will
 >   try
 >   >   to use the
 jdbc
 >   >   method
 isValid to validate
 >   the
 connection. If you want
 >   >   to specify
 a validation query
 >   by
 hand, the
 >   >   usual
 query
 >   for oracle is
 >   >   "select
 >   1
 >   >   from
 dual".
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   Database
 >   >   The .
 between jdbc and oracle
 >   looks like a
 >   >   typo, I
 think
 >   there should be
 >   >   a colon
 >   and
 >   >   the
 "thing"
 >   is
 probably a typo and should be
 >   >   "thin",
 right?
 >   >   >
 Username:
 >   >   <db
 username>
 >   >   >
 Password: <db
 >   >   password>
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   > For
 the JDBC Request
 >   >   I have
 is:
 >   >   >
 Vraiable name: mydb
 >   >   > Query
 Type: Select
 >   >   >
 >   >   Query has:
 select * from
 >   departments;
 >   >   >
 >   >   > Handle
 Result Set:
 >   >   Store as
 string (this is
 >   grayed
 out)
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   When I run
 the test plan I am
 >   getting:
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 Sampler result:
 >   >   > Thread
 Name: Thread
 >   Group 1-1
 >   >   >
 Sample
 >   Start: 2016-12-06
 15:18:03 EST
 >   >   > Load
 time: 33
 >   >   >
 Connect
 >   >   Time: 33
 >   >   >
 Latency: 0
 >   >   > Size
 in bytes: 84
 >   >   >
 >   >   Sent
 bytes:0
 >   >   >
 Headers size in
 >   bytes:
 >   >   0
 >   >   > Body
 size in bytes:
 >   84
 >   >   > Sample
 Count: 1
 >   >   >
 Error
 >   >   Count: 1
 >   >   > Data
 type
 >   >   ("text"|"bin"|""):
 >   text
 >   >   >
 Response code:
 >   null 0
 >   >   >
 >   >   Response
 message:
 >   java.sql.SQLException: Cannot
 create
 >   >   PoolableConnectionFactory
 >   (ORA-00933: SQL command
 not
 >   >   properly
 ended
 >   >   > )
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 Response headers:
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 SampleResult
 >   >   fields:
 >   >   >
 ContentType:
 >   text/plain
 >   >   >
 >   DataEncoding: UTF-8
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 Request: [Select
 >   >   Statement]
 select * from
 >   departments;
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   Response:
 Cannot create
 >   PoolableConnectionFactory
 >   >   (ORA-00933:
 SQL command not
 >   properly
 ended
 >   >   > )
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   > I have
 tried a bunch
 >   >   of things,
 but cannot
 >   eliminate this
 error.  Can anyone
 >   >   tell me why
 this error is
 >   occurring?
 >   >   Have
 >   >   you tried
 to remove the
 >   semicolons
 at the end of your
 >   >   statements?
 >   >
 >   >   Felix
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 Thanks!
 >   >   >
 >   >   > Jim
 >   >   >
 >   >   >
 >   >   ---------------------------------------------------------------------
 unsubscribe, e-mail:
 >   [hidden email]
 >   >   > For
 additional commands,
 >   e-mail: [hidden email]
 >   >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >   ---------------------------------------------------------------------
 unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
 >   >   For
 additional commands,
 >   e-mail: [hidden email]
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >
 >   > For additional commands,
 e-mail: [hidden email]
 >   >

 >   For additional commands,
 e-mail: [hidden email]

Am 06.12.2016 um 21:56 schrieb o haya:
> Hi,
>
> It's ojdbc6.jar that I pulled from from one of our Oracle instances.  Are you saying I should be looking for like an ojdb7.jar or something?
No ojdbc6 should be fine. What is the error message, you are seeing?

Felix