Quantcast

Think time in script

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Think time in script

Andre Mud
Hello,

I want to simulate real world usage in my script and therefore I want to use thinktimes between the steps in the script. When I add a 'Uniform Random Timer' the script pauses for a certain amount of time between each action. However the response times that are shown in e.g. 'Agragate Graph' include the thinktime value. So the responsetimes are to large.

Is there a way in which I can use thinktimes and report the correct responsetimes?
With regards,

André Mud
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Think time in script

sebb-2-2
On 27/10/2008, André Mud <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>
>  I want to simulate real world usage in my script and therefore I want to use
>  thinktimes between the steps in the script. When I add a 'Uniform Random
>  Timer' the script pauses for a certain amount of time between each action.

OK.

>  However the response times that are shown in e.g. 'Agragate Graph' include
>  the thinktime value. So the responsetimes are to large.

I'm not seeing that behaviour.

Timers are processed before samplers, and and are not included in the
sample results.

However, if you use a Transaction Controller, of course any timers
will be included in the transaction time.

>  Is there a way in which I can use thinktimes and report the correct
>  responsetimes?

Yes, JMeter works that way anyway.

>  With regards,
>
>  André Mud
>
> --
>  View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Think-time-in-script-tp20184856p20184856.html
>  Sent from the JMeter - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Think time in script

Andre Mud
Hello,

Thank you. I do use a Transaction Controller to aggregate several calls into 1 responsetime.
Can I bypass this somehow?

Andre


sebb-2-2 wrote
On 27/10/2008, André Mud <andre.mud@testdynamics.nl> wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>
>  I want to simulate real world usage in my script and therefore I want to use
>  thinktimes between the steps in the script. When I add a 'Uniform Random
>  Timer' the script pauses for a certain amount of time between each action.

OK.

>  However the response times that are shown in e.g. 'Agragate Graph' include
>  the thinktime value. So the responsetimes are to large.

I'm not seeing that behaviour.

Timers are processed before samplers, and and are not included in the
sample results.

However, if you use a Transaction Controller, of course any timers
will be included in the transaction time.

>  Is there a way in which I can use thinktimes and report the correct
>  responsetimes?

Yes, JMeter works that way anyway.

>  With regards,
>
>  André Mud
>
> --
>  View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Think-time-in-script-tp20184856p20184856.html
>  Sent from the JMeter - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>  For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Think time in script

sebb-2-2
On 27/10/2008, André Mud <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>
>  Thank you. I do use a Transaction Controller to aggregate several calls into
>  1 responsetime.
>  Can I bypass this somehow?

No.

The TC measures how long it takes to perform a section of the test
plan. That includes timers, as noted in the documentation:

<quote>
The generated sample time includes all the times for the nested
samplers, and any timers etc.
</quote>

>  Andre
>
>
>
>
>  sebb-2-2 wrote:
>  >
>  > On 27/10/2008, André Mud <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>  Hello,
>  >>
>  >>  I want to simulate real world usage in my script and therefore I want to
>  >> use
>  >>  thinktimes between the steps in the script. When I add a 'Uniform Random
>  >>  Timer' the script pauses for a certain amount of time between each
>  >> action.
>  >
>  > OK.
>  >
>  >>  However the response times that are shown in e.g. 'Agragate Graph'
>  >> include
>  >>  the thinktime value. So the responsetimes are to large.
>  >
>  > I'm not seeing that behaviour.
>  >
>  > Timers are processed before samplers, and and are not included in the
>  > sample results.
>  >
>  > However, if you use a Transaction Controller, of course any timers
>  > will be included in the transaction time.
>  >
>  >>  Is there a way in which I can use thinktimes and report the correct
>  >>  responsetimes?
>  >
>  > Yes, JMeter works that way anyway.
>  >
>  >>  With regards,
>  >>
>  >>  André Mud
>  >>
>  >> --
>  >>  View this message in context:
>  >> http://www.nabble.com/Think-time-in-script-tp20184856p20184856.html
>  >>  Sent from the JMeter - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  >>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  >>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  >
>  >
>  >
>
>
> --
>  View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Think-time-in-script-tp20184856p20185409.html
>
> Sent from the JMeter - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...