Quantcast

Sending Large Bodies & Dynamic URLs?

Alan Stebbens
Hello,

I have a test plan in which I need to submit one of three different sized
test bodies: small, medium, and large.

Within a RandomOrder controller, I have three HTTP Request Samplers, to a
specific endpoint, using HTTPS, each of which has been configured with a
file (without a parameter name) naming the path to the corresponding body
of the HTTP request.

It appears that the HTTP Request Sampler is not submitting the body on the
POST.  I've tried both with and without default parameters (eg: Accept:,
and Content-Type:).

Is there a way to log the actual transaction requests and bodies being
generated by JMeter?

Thanks

*Alan*

Re: Sending Large Bodies & Dynamic URLs?

Peter Peterse
Hello Alan,

When debugging the testplans I'm using most of the times the view result tree:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#View_Results_Tree
With this component you can see the request jmeter send to the server and the anser the server gives back to jmeter.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Peter

Alan Stebbens <[hidden email]> schreef op 22 december 2016 22:26:06 CET:

>Hello,
>
>I have a test plan in which I need to submit one of three different
>sized
>test bodies: small, medium, and large.
>
>Within a RandomOrder controller, I have three HTTP Request Samplers, to
>specific endpoint, using HTTPS, each of which has been configured with
>file (without a parameter name) naming the path to the corresponding
>body
>of the HTTP request.
>
>It appears that the HTTP Request Sampler is not submitting the body on
>the
>POST.  I've tried both with and without default parameters (eg:
>Accept:,
>and Content-Type:).
>
>Is there a way to log the actual transaction requests and bodies being
>generated by JMeter?
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>
>*Alan*

Re: Sending Large Bodies & Dynamic URLs?

glinius@live.com
You can get the full information logged into JMeter .jtl results file by adding the next lines to user.properties file (lives in "bin" folder of your JMeter installation)

jmeter.save.saveservice.output_format=xml
jmeter.save.saveservice.response_data=true
jmeter.save.saveservice.samplerData=true
jmeter.save.saveservice.requestHeaders=true
jmeter.save.saveservice.url=true
jmeter.save.saveservice.responseHeaders=true
Once your test is finished you can use the Listener of your choice to view request and response details, the most informative is View Results Tree listener.

Additionally see Apache JMeter Properties Customization Guide to learn more about JMeter properties and ways of working with them