Quantcast

SOAP/XML-RPC example

aditya karanth
 Hi,
 Can anyone send across an example of how to run a SOAP/XML-RPC request in
JMeter.
 Regards,
Aditya

Re: SOAP/XML-RPC example

Peter Lin
I would suggest going up to http://www.xmethods.com/ and find a sample site
that uses soap/xml-rpc.

peter

On 11/10/05, aditya karanth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone send across an example of how to run a SOAP/XML-RPC request in
> JMeter.
> Regards,
> Aditya

Re: SOAP/XML-RPC example

aditya karanth
I would suggest going up to http://www.xmethods.com/ and find a sample site
that uses soap/xml-rpc.

peter

 Thanks for the link. But i am a newbie to JMeter so want a little detail on
how to record a SOAP/XML-RPC request in JMeter.
 First of all,is it possible to record an XML-RPC request as we record HTTP
request.
 Regards,
Aditya

Re: SOAP/XML-RPC example

Peter Lin
unfortunately, jmeter's proxy doesn't have a way of recording soap/xml-rpc
requests. the user manual has a brief description of how to make a
soap/xml-rpc test plan

peter

On 11/10/05, aditya karanth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would suggest going up to http://www.xmethods.com/ and find a sample
> site
> that uses soap/xml-rpc.
>

> peter
>

> Thanks for the link. But i am a newbie to JMeter so want a little detail
> on
> how to record a SOAP/XML-RPC request in JMeter.
> First of all,is it possible to record an XML-RPC request as we record HTTP
> request.
> Regards,
> Aditya

Re: SOAP/XML-RPC example

aditya karanth
Thanks for the immediate reply. So if recording a soap/xml-rpc is not
possible using JMeter is there any other tool which will make this possible.

On 11/10/05, Peter Lin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> unfortunately, jmeter's proxy doesn't have a way of recording soap/xml-rpc
> requests. the user manual has a brief description of how to make a
> soap/xml-rpc test plan
>
> peter
>

> On 11/10/05, aditya karanth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I would suggest going up to http://www.xmethods.com/ and find a sample
> > site
> > that uses soap/xml-rpc.
> >

> > peter
> >

> > Thanks for the link. But i am a newbie to JMeter so want a little detail
> > on
> > how to record a SOAP/XML-RPC request in JMeter.
> > First of all,is it possible to record an XML-RPC request as we record
> HTTP
> > request.
> > Regards,
> > Aditya

Re: SOAP/XML-RPC example

Peter Lin
Microsoft has a webservice toolkit which contains a proxy, which is
specifically designed to record webservice calls. you might want to try
that.

peter