Quantcast

Recording of a script in jmeter

12

Recording of a script in jmeter

Archana12

I am new in jmeter. I want to know that hw to record the script in jmeter.I read help file of jmeter for the same but unable to understand.Can anybody tell me step wise. As I am not able to understand that where to use which port.

gs

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

gs
Hi Archna,

i thinks its very clear in http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf

you need to mentioned proxy port for recording (i.e 8080)
and in http request default, mention the port (XXXX as for below link) on which application runinng ( like http://111.11.11.11:XXXX/pathlogin.aspx )

pdf is will give you very clear idea.. you first go through it

regards
GP

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Archana12 [via JMeter] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am new in jmeter. I want to know that hw to record the script in jmeter.I read help file of jmeter for the same but unable to understand.Can anybody tell me step wise. As I am not able to understand that where to use which port.

View message @ http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/Recording-of-a-script-in-jmeter-tp2259329p2259329.html
To start a new topic under JMeter - User, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from JMeter - User, click here.

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

Archana12
Thanks a lot GP.

As I done exactly what written in " http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf" but when I start the recording there is nothing recorded in thread group.I changed the LAN setting also.

I am attaching screenshots of the setting I did

I will be very thankful if u again answer me as I am trying this tool from 2 weeks and not able to even login. I am Performance tester but my experience is in Load runner.

Thanks and Regards
Vandana Negi

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 4:13 PM, gsub [via JMeter] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

View message @ http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/Recording-of-a-script-in-jmeter-tp2259329p2259407.html
To unsubscribe from Recording of a script in jmeter, click here.

HttpProxyServer.JPG (140K) Download Attachment
HTTPRequest.JPG (115K) Download Attachment
gs

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

gs
Archna,

i am unable to open the file..

regarding the lan setting, 1st you close all the browsers, open only 1 (i.e IE) and 1st changed the lan setting with proxy name as Localhost and port as ( 8080, depends on your proxy setting)

test plan incude
thread
http default ( in this enter ur required details like server or IP, then path(like this  /loginpage.aspx)
http cookie manager

Then in Workbench add proxy setting add port no ( defined in LAN settting). Click Start

And then do your browsing, every step will recored. still facing issue do check the log file(jmeter log file )

I hope this will clear this

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

Archana12

I tried the same what u said but still facing problem. I am attaching my LAN settings at the time of recoding.

I tried importing the script from badboy. It was running fine. But I want to know that how to parametrize the hardcoded value and how to handle the dynamic values step by step. Pl let me know how to see the values it is taking at runtime. Suppose I have used ${username} now I want to see at runtime which value it picks.

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

ankitR
Hi Archana,

Uncheck the automatically detect settings and the automatic configuration scripts checkboxes.
If you would have noticed checking one of these overrides your manual configuration.

For providing values at runtime you will have to use a Regular Expression Extractor to extract the value into a
user-defined variable. Then replace all hardcoded refrences to this value with the user defined variable.

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

Archana12

Thanks a lot..................

I have recorded a script.

Now I want to  know about the regular expression. Suppose I have a "viewstate=1335545456456asndjasdj" and I want to corelate it. It will be done by regular extracter but how. Shall I rt click add regular extracter just above of the step in which "viewstate" is coming, and then change the value of viewstate with "viewstate=${viewstate}".

How Cud I see the value of viewstate taken at runtime.Suppose first time I run andviewstate =1234 and next time viewstate=4568  then how I come to know which value it has taken I would like to view that value.

Pl help me on this.

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

ankitR
Please read my inline comments.

Hi,

Thanks a lot..................

I have recorded a script.

Now I want to  know about the regular expression. Suppose I have a "viewstate=1335545456456asndjasdj" and I want to corelate it. It will be done by regular extracter but how. Shall I rt click add regular extracter just above of the step in which "viewstate" is coming, and then change the value of viewstate with "viewstate=${viewstate}".

<<<<< You should add the regular expression extractor at the thread group level. This will capture the "viewstate" (your example) value whenever it comes.  >>>>>

How Cud I see the value of viewstate taken at runtime.Suppose first time I run andviewstate =1234 and next time viewstate=4568  then how I come to know which value it has taken I would like to view that value.

<<<< Add a Debug Sampler above the request for which you want to check the viewstate value. It would also do you good to add a Debug sampler after the request so that you can figure out if the value has changed or not.  refer to - Debug Sampler for more information.  >>>>>

Pl help me on this.

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

Archana12
Hi Ankit,

 Plz tell me how to apply checkpoints in jmeter. I used assertion but problem is , if it gets failed or the text is nt found I want to use a condition so I want it in true or false and store it in a variable so  on the basis of that next step will decide. So plz tell me how to do that.

Suppose I make a assertion name "CheckPoint1" now it gets failed or not found. Now I want to store its value in a variable. Now I wud like to use this variable for some condition. Plz let me know this.

Regards
Archana

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

rkbathula

I am also facing same problem with recording by JMeter.

I did evertyhing as in Manual(step by step pdf),but still not able to record application and any other browser as well.

Since i am into client environment i am not using Local host or IP of my PC , i set the proxy for automatic configurations.

Can you please suggest on the same.

Thanks
Rama

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

Archana12
Hi Rama,

While u start recording in IE change the setting first as in IE-->Lan settings-->donot click on automatic configuration as it overwrite the IP you give in Proxy server. Set it like ur proxy server setting.
As:--

IP=localhost
Port=8080 (whatever the port is free)

If you are still unble to record plz let me know.

Regards
archana
gs

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

gs
Hi Archna/ All,

I am also having the same application, with dinamically session id's after every page request.
(like: /Page;jsessionid=5DC84B98270DBC6A50827059ED93C177)
i want to extract the same 32 digits. how can i do it..

did you come up with solution .

Any 1 can help me in this

regards
gp

RE: Recording of a script in jmeter

Jain, Kapil
GP,

You need to capture dynamic value for session id's.

To do this define a parameter under regular expression and use this
parameter for session id.

I hope this help you.

KJ

I am also having the same application, with dinamically session id's
after
every page request.
(like: /Page;jsessionid=5DC84B98270DBC6A50827059ED93C177)
i want to extract the same 32 digits. how can i do it..

did you come up with solution .

Any 1 can help me in this

regards
gp

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

Felix Frank-2
This is a simple argument in a URL. After your initial request, it is
bound to be in the server's response in many (if not all) href
parameters. Use a Regular Expression Extractor to look for e.g.
href=".*?jsessionid=(w*)
This should have a good chance at capturing your session ID, but you
will have to carefully tailor it to work with your server's responses.

Save the captured string in a variable and add the jsessionid parameter
to all following HTTP Samplers.

Also: Why does your app not use cookies for storing session IDs? Or if
it does, why don't you use the Cookie Manager?

HTH,
Felix

On 08/11/10 13:36, Felix Frank wrote:
> href=".*?jsessionid=(w*)

Huh - there should have been a backslash in front of that w*.
Trying again: href=".*?jsessionid=(\w*)

It got lost somewhere along the way, apparently ;-)
If it displays now, it was a mere typo.

Cheers,
Felix

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

SanderW
Hi gp,

Isn't the cookie manager handling the jsessionid's?

With Regular Expression you add a Regular Expression Extractor.
For your example this could be:
Refence Name: myJessionid
Regular Expression: jsessionid=(.+?)\)
   NOTE: (.+?) will get all characters until it reaches the right boundery. The right boundery in this case is a special character and must be escaped, hence the \
Template: $1$
Match No.: 1
Default value: jsessionid not found

If you use multiple RegEx (like '(.+?)') and you want the second expression, then change the Template to $2$

Hope this helps

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

Archana12
Hi gsub,

Do one thing wherever your session id is coming , just click on its previous action and rt click that there is a option of "Regular Expression Extractor" click on that.Now in regular expression label give a proper regular expression for session id.

Suppose your jsessiond is :
jsessionid=5DC84B98270DBC6A50827059ED93C177>

Its regular expression is:  jsessionid=(.*)>

then give the reference name which you will use as a variable. now wherever ur sesion id is coming replace it with this.

Hope this will help you. If not happen by this then let me know.

Regards
archana

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:45 PM, gsub [via JMeter] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Archna/ All,

I am also having the same application, with dinamically session id's after every page request.
(like: /Page;jsessionid=5DC84B98270DBC6A50827059ED93C177)
i want to extract the same 32 digits. how can i do it..

did you come up with solution .

Any 1 can help me in this

regards
gp

View message @ http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/Recording-of-a-script-in-jmeter-tp2259329p2471746.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Recording of a script in jmeter, click here.

gs

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

gs
Hi Sander,

i do have cookie manager and it is not handling the request, that is y am getting the response as attached herewith..asd.htm

i am successfully gone ahead with login page..

but there is a another page after checking the check box, gives me some dynamic value .... "fInbox?x=Et0XeQD7Q7yygjCAid-bgmzYYG9LY2kGSAnDY3raZr-SMHffuXEynalv0N-xAsQ*" with some dynamic value for their session getting failed there..

so how could i proceed further..

P.S I am successfully done this with OpenSTA, but i am doing with Jmeter coz Jmeter can handles the uploading of docs as to my previous post my replies.

Regards
GP

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

SanderW
Did you use the Regular Expression Extractor with expression like below? (Double quote and questionmark are special characters)

\"fInbox\?x=(.+?)\"
gs

Re: Recording of a script in jmeter

gs
This post was updated on .
HI Sander/all,

i am not able to do it successfully, therefor i am attaching the script[hidden email] with log file.

i know its not appropriate.. i request u all for the help, please try to run at ur pc and modify if required...
i have done with opensta succesfully bt wanter to perform with jmeter coz of my love with this tool :)

pl pvide ur supprt if possible

Regards
GP
12