Quantcast

RE: How to write data from jmeters to a text file.

RE: How to write data from jmeters to a text file.

Grzegorz Kończyk
> How can I write data from jmeter (eg: variables ) to an external txt file?

i.e. using Beanshell PostProcessor.

GK

Re: How to write data from jmeters to a text file.

sebb-2-2
On 11/04/2008, Grzegorz Kończyk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > How can I write data from jmeter (eg: variables ) to an external txt file?
>

> i.e. using Beanshell PostProcessor.

Or you can use a Java Request with a Simple Data Writer Listener as a
child, but the BSH PP would be more flexible.

The next release of JMeter will support writing additional variables
to the JTL files.
One can define a list of the names of variables to be added to every
sample. These will appear as additional columns in CSV and attributes
in XML.

>  GK

>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: How to write data from jmeters to a text file.

Andre Mud
Hello,

Regarding the JAVA Request with Simple Data Writer. How do I set that up.
I've tried several things but I don't get it working.
Could you show me a short overview on how to do this.

Andre Mud

sebb-2-2 wrote

On 17/10/2008, André Mud <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  Regarding the JAVA Request with Simple Data Writer. How do I set that up.
>  I've tried several things but I don't get it working.
>  Could you show me a short overview on how to do this.

There is no need to use the Java Request/Simple Data Writer
combination unless you want to create a separate file.

If you are using JMeter 2.3.2 (the current release) just ensure that
you define the JMeter property sample_variables, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html#sample_variables

and the values will be saved in any JTL file.

If you want a separate file, just ensure the Java request has the
variable in one of its fields, and use the Simple Data Writer to save
that field, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Sample_Result_Save_Configuration

>  Andre Mud
>

>  sebb-2-2 wrote:
>  >
>  > On 11/04/2008, Grzegorz Kończyk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  >> > How can I write data from jmeter (eg: variables ) to an external txt
>  >> file?
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> i.e. using Beanshell PostProcessor.
>  >>
>  >
>  > Or you can use a Java Request with a Simple Data Writer Listener as a
>  > child, but the BSH PP would be more flexible.
>  >
>  > The next release of JMeter will support writing additional variables
>  > to the JTL files.
>  > One can define a list of the names of variables to be added to every
>  > sample. These will appear as additional columns in CSV and attributes
>  > in XML.
>  >
>  >>  GK
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>  >>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  >>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>  >>
>  >>
>  >
>  >

>  For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: How to write data from jmeters to a text file.

Andre Mud
You're quick.

I will try this. Thank you.

Andre