Quantcast

PDF User manual?

bugfactory anonyme
Hello.

Is there any pdf version, or any other easily printable version, of the user
manual? My boss would like to have a printed version, and I would not like
to have to print each html page one by one.

Sorry for the trivial question, but I cannot find one anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Re: PDF User manual?

sebb-2-2
No, there isn't one at present.

The printable_docs version has 25 files in the usermanual directory.
This is probably well over 100 pages in total.

Most of which is only needed for _developing_ JMeter scripts...

S.
On 19/10/05, bugfactory anonyme <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Is there any pdf version, or any other easily printable version, of the user
> manual? My boss would like to have a printed version, and I would not like
> to have to print each html page one by one.
>
> Sorry for the trivial question, but I cannot find one anywhere.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: PDF User manual?

bugfactory anonyme
Well, he IS a developper. And he wanted me to print the manual so I could
find out how to start a test from the shell. I was persuaded that was not
possible. (On that topic : someone should change "2.4.3 Non-GUI Mode" to
"2.4.3 Shell command" and link to it from Distributed Testing.)

I guess I just have to print those files one by one. I hoped to run a script
using lp but it does not understand html. So that's a page by page printing.

Thanks.

>From: sebb <[hidden email]>
>To: JMeter Users List <[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: PDF User manual?
>Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:24:59 +0100 A
>
>No, there isn't one at present.
>
>The printable_docs version has 25 files in the usermanual directory.
>This is probably well over 100 pages in total.
>
>Most of which is only needed for _developing_ JMeter scripts...
>
>S.
>On 19/10/05, bugfactory anonyme <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Is there any pdf version, or any other easily printable version, of the
>user
> > manual? My boss would like to have a printed version, and I would not
>like
> > to have to print each html page one by one.
> >
> > Sorry for the trivial question, but I cannot find one anywhere.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Re: PDF User manual?

sebb-2-2
"Shell" may not mean much to Windows (or VMS etc) users - something
like "Command Line mode" might be better.

But I take your point about adding a link to it.

S.
On 19/10/05, bugfactory anonyme <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, he IS a developper. And he wanted me to print the manual so I could
> find out how to start a test from the shell. I was persuaded that was not
> possible. (On that topic : someone should change "2.4.3 Non-GUI Mode" to
> "2.4.3 Shell command" and link to it from Distributed Testing.)
>
> I guess I just have to print those files one by one. I hoped to run a script
> using lp but it does not understand html. So that's a page by page printing.
>
> Thanks.
>
> >From: sebb <[hidden email]>
> >To: JMeter Users List <[hidden email]>
> >Subject: Re: PDF User manual?
> >Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:24:59 +0100 A
> >
> >No, there isn't one at present.
> >
> >The printable_docs version has 25 files in the usermanual directory.
> >This is probably well over 100 pages in total.
> >
> >Most of which is only needed for _developing_ JMeter scripts...
> >
> >S.
> >On 19/10/05, bugfactory anonyme <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > Is there any pdf version, or any other easily printable version, of the
> >user
> > > manual? My boss would like to have a printed version, and I would not
> >like
> > > to have to print each html page one by one.
> > >
> > > Sorry for the trivial question, but I cannot find one anywhere.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

> >For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: PDF User manual?

Rinke Heida
We do all our testing in non-GUI mode and start all the tests throught
DOS bat files.
GUI mode is only used for creating and testing our testplans.
BTW splitting all possible testplans in seperate JMX files and starting
every test (JMX) in non-GUI mode eliminated also possible memory
problems for us.

Rinke Heida