Quantcast

JsessionID

Marco Leone
Hi,

I'm trying to test a Java application that uses cas to authenticate via
a SSL login.

I simulated the test with badboy and then exported the script to jmeter.

How can I receive and use a new and unique JsessionID for every user
(cas is not letting me enter because I'm using the same JsessionID I got
for my first test with badboy)?

I think I cannot use the same user:password to create load for the
system do I have to create different user for the application and use a
file to let jmeter take them as values for the user:pass variables in
the "user parameters"?

Sorry for my bad english and my too superficial knowledge of jmeter.

TIA for help.

--

Marco.

Re: JsessionID

మహేష్™
Hi,
After u enter u r username and password,u need to capture the Jsessionid
from the response of this URL.For capturing JsessionID u need to add regular
expression Extractor and capture the value from the response.

For more details regarding Regular Expression:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor

Try this ......

---Mahesh

On 6/1/07, Marco Leone <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to test a Java application that uses cas to authenticate via
> a SSL login.
>
> I simulated the test with badboy and then exported the script to jmeter.
>
> How can I receive and use a new and unique JsessionID for every user
> (cas is not letting me enter because I'm using the same JsessionID I got
> for my first test with badboy)?
>
> I think I cannot use the same user:password to create load for the
> system do I have to create different user for the application and use a
> file to let jmeter take them as values for the user:pass variables in
> the "user parameters"?
>
> Sorry for my bad english and my too superficial knowledge of jmeter.
>
> TIA for help.
>
> --
>
> Marco.

Re: JsessionID

sebb-2-2
Or possibly URL rewriting, depending on how the session is used:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_URL_Re-writing_Modifier

S.
On 01/06/07, mahesh kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> After u enter u r username and password,u need to capture the Jsessionid
> from the response of this URL.For capturing JsessionID u need to add regular
> expression Extractor and capture the value from the response.
>
> For more details regarding Regular Expression:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor
>
> Try this ......
>
> ---Mahesh
>
> On 6/1/07, Marco Leone <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to test a Java application that uses cas to authenticate via
> > a SSL login.
> >
> > I simulated the test with badboy and then exported the script to jmeter.
> >
> > How can I receive and use a new and unique JsessionID for every user
> > (cas is not letting me enter because I'm using the same JsessionID I got
> > for my first test with badboy)?
> >
> > I think I cannot use the same user:password to create load for the
> > system do I have to create different user for the application and use a
> > file to let jmeter take them as values for the user:pass variables in
> > the "user parameters"?
> >
> > Sorry for my bad english and my too superficial knowledge of jmeter.
> >
> > TIA for help.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Marco.

Re: JsessionID

మహేష్™
Sometimes JseesionID will passing through URL as well as Parameter
also.ForURL rewriting also we can capture the JsessionID from previous
page
source/Header and submit that value to the URL or Paramter.

--------Mahesh

On 6/1/07, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Or possibly URL rewriting, depending on how the session is used:
>

> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_URL_Re-writing_Modifier
>

> S.
> On 01/06/07, mahesh kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > After u enter u r username and password,u need to capture the Jsessionid
> > from the response of this URL.For capturing JsessionID u need to add
> regular
> > expression Extractor and capture the value from the response.
> >
> > For more details regarding Regular Expression:
> >

> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor
> >
> > Try this ......
> >
> > ---Mahesh
> >
> > On 6/1/07, Marco Leone <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to test a Java application that uses cas to authenticate
> via
> > > a SSL login.
> > >
> > > I simulated the test with badboy and then exported the script to
> jmeter.
> > >
> > > How can I receive and use a new and unique JsessionID for every user
> > > (cas is not letting me enter because I'm using the same JsessionID I
> got
> > > for my first test with badboy)?
> > >
> > > I think I cannot use the same user:password to create load for the
> > > system do I have to create different user for the application and use
> > > file to let jmeter take them as values for the user:pass variables in
> > > the "user parameters"?
> > >
> > > Sorry for my bad english and my too superficial knowledge of jmeter.
> > >
> > > TIA for help.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Marco.

Re: JsessionID

Marco Leone

first of all thanks for the support.

> After u enter u r username and password,u need to capture the Jsessionid
> from the response of this URL.For capturing JsessionID u need to add
> regular
> expression Extractor and capture the value from the response.

The JsessionID is set in a Cookie so I first tried adding the HTTP
Cookie Manager and call the $(JSESSIONID) but something strange happens.

I can see the POST request with the same JsessionID set in the cookie
but at the same time the jsessionid is in the POST data with a different
value(?!).

I obtain the same results using a regular expression extractor; I set
the JSESSIONID as JSESSIONID=(.+?); but the value in the POST request is
different from the one in the POST data.

Can anyone sort this out?

TIA.

--

Marco.

Re: JsessionID

sebb-2-2
If the JsessionID is set in a cookie, there should be no need to do
anything other than add a Cookie Manager to the test plan.