Quantcast

Jmeter to handle asynchronous calls

Rupendra Butola
Hi,

How to test Web application with Asynchronous calls using jmeter?

Is Jmeter capable of handling such web application.

Best Regards,
Butola Rupendrasingh
Systems Operations
T              +91 (0) 79 26871002/26871003
E              [hidden email]
M             +91 98244 92763
W             http://www.asite.com
THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED. IT MAY BE READ, COPIED
AND USED ONLY BY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN
ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY, BY RETURN EMAIL OR BY
TELEPHONING +91 79 2687 1002/ 3.

Re: Jmeter to handle asynchronous calls

Peter Lin
jmeter can use async protocols like JMS

peter

On 12/6/05, Rupendra Butola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to test Web application with Asynchronous calls using jmeter?
>
> Is Jmeter capable of handling such web application.
>

> Best Regards,
> Butola Rupendrasingh
> Systems Operations
> T              +91 (0) 79 26871002/26871003
> E              [hidden email]
> M             +91 98244 92763
> W             http://www.asite.com
> THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED. IT MAY BE READ, COPIED
> AND USED ONLY BY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN
> ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY, BY RETURN EMAIL OR BY
> TELEPHONING +91 79 2687 1002/ 3.

RE: Jmeter to handle asynchronous calls

Rupendra Butola

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your input.

Our web application is developed using AJAX technology.

If JMS implement would help me to test my current application. Can you
please provide me some input regarding the JMS Configuration?

Butola Rupendrasingh
Systems Operations
T              +91 (0) 79 26871002/26871003
E              [hidden email]
M             +91 98244 92763
W             http://www.asite.com
THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED. IT MAY BE READ, COPIED
AND USED ONLY BY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN
ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY, BY RETURN EMAIL OR BY
TELEPHONING +91 79 2687 1002/ 3.

On 12/6/05, Rupendra Butola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to test Web application with Asynchronous calls using jmeter?
>
> Is Jmeter capable of handling such web application.
>

> Best Regards,
> Butola Rupendrasingh
> Systems Operations
> T              +91 (0) 79 26871002/26871003
> E              [hidden email]
> M             +91 98244 92763
> W             http://www.asite.com
> THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED. IT MAY BE READ,
> COPIED AND USED ONLY BY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED
> IT IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY, BY RETURN EMAIL OR

> BY TELEPHONING +91 79 2687 1002/ 3.

Re: Jmeter to handle asynchronous calls

Peter Lin
to do AJAX style testing, you have a few options

1. write a new sampler that can simulate AJAX
2. try to extend the HTTPSampler to handle AJAX
3. use some other tool
4. ignore the async aspect of AJAX and test it like a normal http test plan

What is the goal of the testing?  Is it to simulate how AJAX works to
validate functionality? Or are you trying to stress test?

peter

On 12/6/05, Rupendra Butola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Our web application is developed using AJAX technology.
>
> If JMS implement would help me to test my current application. Can you
> please provide me some input regarding the JMS Configuration?
>
> Butola Rupendrasingh
> Systems Operations
> T              +91 (0) 79 26871002/26871003
> E              [hidden email]
> M             +91 98244 92763
> W             http://www.asite.com
> THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED. IT MAY BE READ, COPIED
> AND USED ONLY BY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN
> ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY, BY RETURN EMAIL OR BY
> TELEPHONING +91 79 2687 1002/ 3.

Once again thanks for the prompt reply.

Goal for the testing is to stress test the application and measure the
performance of the application.

Peter, can you provide me some link which would help me to extend
HTTPSampler to handle AJAX.

Butola Rupendrasingh
Systems Operations
T              +91 (0) 79 26871002/26871003
E              [hidden email]
M             +91 98244 92763
W             http://www.asite.com
THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED. IT MAY BE READ, COPIED
AND USED ONLY BY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN
ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY, BY RETURN EMAIL OR BY
TELEPHONING +91 79 2687 1002/ 3.

to do AJAX style testing, you have a few options

1. write a new sampler that can simulate AJAX 2. try to extend the
HTTPSampler to handle AJAX 3. use some other tool 4. ignore the async
aspect of AJAX and test it like a normal http test plan

What is the goal of the testing?  Is it to simulate how AJAX works to
validate functionality? Or are you trying to stress test?

peter

On 12/6/05, Rupendra Butola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Our web application is developed using AJAX technology.
>
> If JMS implement would help me to test my current application. Can you

> please provide me some input regarding the JMS Configuration?
>
> Butola Rupendrasingh
> Systems Operations
> T              +91 (0) 79 26871002/26871003
> E              [hidden email]
> M             +91 98244 92763
> W             http://www.asite.com
> THIS EMAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED. IT MAY BE READ,
> COPIED AND USED ONLY BY THE INTENDED RECIPIENT. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED
> IT IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY, BY RETURN EMAIL OR

> BY TELEPHONING +91 79 2687 1002/ 3.

here are some links

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterDevelopment
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jmeter/trunk/xdocs/extending/jmeter_tutorial.pdf