Quantcast

CSV Data Set Config - FileNotFoundException(Access is denied)

CSV Data Set Config - FileNotFoundException(Access is denied)

Anil
This post was updated on .
I am running JMeter with my local app which is running on same machine i.e. localhost. I want to run my JMeter script for multiple users. Since my application does not support one user to login multiple times. So I want to provide different login details for each thread. I thought of using CSV Data Set Config for the same. I created a CSV file for the same. But when I run the script, it gives me below error

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.4\bin (Access is denied)

I have tried to put my script and csv file putting at different location, but it gives the same error message as above. I would appreciate your help on this. Thanks in advance.

Re: CSV Data Set Config - FileNotFoundException(Access is denied)

Anil
I am running JMeter with my local app which is running on same machine i.e. localhost. I want to run my JMeter script for multiple users. Since my application does not support one user to login multiple times. So I want to provide different login details for each thread. I thought of using CSV Data Set Config for the same. I created a CSV file for the same. But when I run the script, it gives me below error

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.4\bin (Access is denied)

I have tried to put my script and csv file putting at different location, but it gives the same error message as above. I would appreciate your help on this. Thanks in advance.

Re: CSV Data Set Config - FileNotFoundException(Access is denied)

Jing Ning
Hi, Anil

It seems that your input for Filename of CSV Data Set Config is not an
correctly absolute path.
I don't know whether C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.4\bin  in your computer is the
default path for reading a CSV file,  but at least, inputting an abosolute
file path can work normally.

> I am running JMeter with my local app which is running on same machine
> i.e.
> localhost. I want to run my JMeter script for multiple users. Since my
> application does not support one user to login multiple times. So I want
> provide different login details for each thread. I thought of using CSV
> Data
> Set Config for the same. I created a CSV file for the same. But when I run
> the script, it gives me below error
>
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.4\bin
> (Access
> is denied)
>
> I have tried to put my script and csv file putting at different location,
> but it gives the same error message as above. I would appreciate your help
> on this. Thanks in advance.

Re: CSV Data Set Config - FileNotFoundException(Access is denied)

Anil
Hey Jing,

First of all thanks for the response. I run Jmeter with C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.4\bin\jmeter.bat and I do run my JBoss server along with it.
I have added CSV Data Set Config element in my test. In Filename box, I have tried putting all possible combination like... I have put .csv file in bin folder. And give the file name in Filename box. I have also tried to give absolute path. I have also tried putting my jmx and file name outside bin folder. But NO LUCK so far. Everytime it gives the same below error.

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: <absolute path of the folder having jmx file> (Access is denied)

Need help...

-Anil

Re: CSV Data Set Config - FileNotFoundException(Access is denied)

shettyd
hi
which OS are you  running? If vista or equivalent , try running as
administrator(by right clicking the file and choosing run as administrator ,
not just logged in as administrator) , or keep all files (including JMeter
installation ) under your users directory

regards
deepak

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Anil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Jing,
>
> First of all thanks for the response. I run Jmeter with
> C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.4\bin\jmeter.bat and I do run my JBoss server along
> with
> it.
> I have added CSV Data Set Config element in my test. In Filename box, I
> have
> tried putting all possible combination like... I have put .csv file in bin
> folder. And give the file name in Filename box. I have also tried to give
> absolute path. I have also tried putting my jmx and file name outside bin
> folder. But NO LUCK so far. Everytime it gives the same below error.
>
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: <absolute path of the folder
> having jmx file> (Access is denied)
>
> Need help...
>
> -Anil

Re: CSV Data Set Config - FileNotFoundException(Access is denied)

Ravi
you can try the following

Place your csv file where you kept your .jmx file
in the cvs data set config, define the file name, dont give any path (just give filename.csv)
try it..