Best way to compare .jmx files?

Nop Lists
Hello,
could anybody reccomend a tool for comparing two .jmx files?
Sometimes I need to compare a current testplan with an old one.
Windiff is fine only as long as the two versions are very similar...
I'd prefer a Java tool, since I work on XP, AIX & Linux...
Thanks in advance!
Nop

RE: Best way to compare .jmx files?

Sonam Chauhan
Any text diff tool would help, but an XML diff tool is a bit better. For eg:
        http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xmldiffmerge

Note, this gives you no guarantee that the merged XML will be valid. In the
case of GUI-based editors like JMeter, the "correct" way to provide diff and
merge functionality is for the editor to provide it as GUI-based
functionality, based on an XML diff. This would probably use a XML diff tool
as above. This is since only the GUI editor can effectively display a diff.
Also, the editor can stop merge steps that make no sense (for eg: adding a
thread group under a sampler)

I've heard that Subversion (the 'new CVS') provides for 'pluggable
diff/merge'. Ideally, we'd be able to compare two versions of a .jmx file in
a Subversion repository, and it would automatically start up JMeter to show
the diff.

Regards,
Sonam Chauhan
--